Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No, and I don't care

Those are her favorite things to say. Apparently she is not able to say them in a pleasant, respectful tone either.

Me - Are you planning to be dressed when you go to school?

Her - No.

Me - If you're planning to watch TV this afternoon you will need to be dressed when you leave for school.

Her - No, I'm not getting dressed and I don't care.

Great. Basically you can insert any question in here and the answer remains constant. For the record I guarantee she plans to watch TV this afternoon, and I guarantee there will be a meltdown when she learns (once again) that I mean what I say. And, once again I will unplug the TV while she's at school so that when she ever-so-sneakily tries to turn it on while she thinks I'm not looking she'll be met with an unhappy surprise. I love that part actually, because what's she going to do then? Complain because the TV doesn't work, you know, the one she doesn't have permission to watch anyway?

Aaaarrrrgh! I sure hope this day turns around before nightfall.

No comments: